"MOUSE provides a unique opportunity for students to give back to their school, deepening their sense of leadership and responsibility, and improving their relationships with peers and teachers—all the while getting hands-on experience in tech support, teamwork, and problem-solving."
-- Maureen Guido, Principal, The Paula Hedbavny School
We are excited to welcome new sites to our national network of youth technology leaders!
MOUSE Squad is a youth development program that empowers students to become technology and digital media leaders, developing and team building skills, while also playing a valued role in their school and communities.
MOUSE introduces youth to exciting innovations in technology, giving them the opportunity to learn about digital media and design and to become creators and makers.
MOUSE is honored to work with a number of exceptional schools, community organizations, and school districts throughout the United States and beyond, including in New York City, California, Chicago Texas, Missouri, Oregon and more!
Learn More about MOUSE!
- Watch our MOUSE Squad Story Video
- Take a look at some of recent posts on the MOUSE Squad Wire
- Check out our National MOUSE Squad Membership Packet
- Sign up for an upcoming MOUSE Squad Infosession
What does MOUSE Squad Membership include?
- MOUSE Squad Certification: A comprehensive, standards-based, online curriculum that facilitates the training of youth technicians in computer troubleshooting, help desk operations and customer service skills.
- Collaborative Online Learning: MOUSE Squad’s national website www.mousesquad.org, which includes our MOUSE Squad Wire, monthly MicroProject competitions, discussion forums, blogging and authentic project management tools (including our CaseTracker ticket-tracking system).
- Specialist Certifications: Additional curriculum that covers technology topics that go beyond tech support and are full of exciting new hands-on projects, including Garage Robotics (circuitry and basic electronic programming), Serious Games (designing games that teach something or address a social issue) and GreenTECH (impacting the greening of our schools and communities)
- MOUSE Squad Kit: Includes all that a site needs to get started, including USB drives, posters, checklist and a computer toolkit. MOUSE Support through email@example.com: MOUSE can help you troubleshoot implementation at your school and answer any questions you have about the website and kit.
- “Digital Meet-Ups” for Coordinators: These are monthly online discussion groups led by MOUSE Squad Coordinators from across the national network, giving educators the opportunity to share best practices, brainstorm around challenges and share great work!
Ready to Join? Here’s how!
- Select a staff member to serve as the MOUSE Squad Coordinator. The coordinator is the educator who facilitates the curriculum with youth, and supports them as they work on tech support projects and other technology and digital media projects.
- Fill out the membership form at www.mousesquad.org/join
- Pay the annual membership fee— which includes everything listed above.
For more information about joining MOUSE, please contact Naomi Solomon, MOUSE Membership Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-920-3662.
TechCrew allows me to start my day working with a group of students that have true passion and dedication…TechCrew teaches our students how to work as part of a group and leaves them... read more ›
– Marcos Alcozer, Northside College Prep High School, Chicago
MOUSE affords students the opportunity to be collaborators with their peers, teachers and the world beyond the classroom. Students in MOUSE blend relevant real-work experiences with student perspective, giving student voice a valued... read more ›
– Nancy Amling, Principal, Hudson High School of Learning Technologies
MOUSE has helped me to gain job skills and it has been a great opportunity. The Squad has taught me many valuable lessons, the most important being responsibility and leadership. read more ›
– Khaleel Anderson, MOUSE Student, P256Q
MOUSE Squad increased my interest in technology and in attending Harvey Mudd College as an engineering major, a field I hope will allow my ideas and innovations to improve the world. read more ›
– Allison Barry, MOUSE Squad Alum, Leigh High School, California
For people around the world, tech is the pathway to a long and successful career, and we look forward to even more MOUSE alumni leading New York City's booming and influential tech sector... read more ›
– Michael R. Bloomberg, Mayor, New York City
The experiences that MOUSE provides its participants help ensure that high school graduates are prepared for good jobs during the summer and in their future careers. MOUSE’s unique emphasis on technology training... read more ›
– Gale Brewer, New York City Council Member, Technology Committee Chair
I love finishing school and coming to MOUSE. I love the teamwork and the time to learn new things about computers. read more ›
– Aram Buenaventura, MOUSE Squad Member, High School for Arts & Technology
MOUSE and SAP apply the same core values – quality, integrity, commitment, and passion – to our organizations. We see MOUSE Corps students as our next generation of employees and customers. MOUSE empowers... read more ›
– Ron Carolan, Chief Financial Officer, SAP Global Marketing
MOUSE Squad has been a life changing experience for many of our students. They feel good about their role with technology, which builds their confidence and makes them more successful in... read more ›
– Kristy De La Cruz, Bea Fuller Rodgers School (IS 528)
When I started the internship, my manager brought me to the trading floor. It was the best thing in the world to see all the traders and to know they were my clients,... read more ›
– Duckens Durosier, MOUSE Squad Alum, George Wingate High School
Being on MOUSE Squad adds to my experience in school by making me confident about myself. read more ›
– Daniela Fernandez, MOUSE Squad Member, Sylvandale Middle School, California
Our MOUSE Squad students stand a little taller. They recognize that they have special skills and are respected for it.
– Dr. Katherine Flori, MOUSE Squad Coordinator, W.C Byrant High School, New York
To me, programs like this don't exactly go to every school around. I enjoy the program and what they teach. My interest in technology has enhanced greatly because of MOUSE Squad. read more ›
– Ally Garcia, MOUSE Squad Member, High School for Arts & Technology
MOUSE uses technology as a means of engaging students and promoting leadership, teamwork and responsibility. read more ›
– Juan Garzon, MOUSE Squad Alum, Robert F. Wagner Secondary School for Arts & Technology
The people at MOUSE are a living, breathing testament to the notion that when an organization is centered around a thoughtful and attainable goal—staffed by competent, bright and passionate individuals—there is very little... read more ›
– Mehran Ghaffarsamar , MOUSE Intern, Baruch College
MOUSE provides a unique opportunity for students to give back to their school, deepening their sense of leadership and responsibility, and improving their relationships with peers and teachers—all the while getting hands-on experience... read more ›
– Maureen Guido, Principal, The Paula Hedbavny School
Our MOUSE Squad students are demonstrating leadership skills, learning about responsibilities and how to communicate with adults. This program is inspiring our students and giving them a glimpse of future career opportunities. read more ›
– Carla Haakma, Principal, Los Arboles Elementary School, California
MOUSE Squad students learn many skills frequently cited by employers as keys to success in the workplace, including leadership, communication, teamwork problem solving and time management. read more ›
– Jan Half, Program Director, MOUSE Squad of California
We recognize that student attendance and graduation are increasingly important issues facing public schools. We are looking to target specific schools as we have seen the TechCrew program have a positive impact in... read more ›
– Victor Herrera, Director of Technology, Theodore Roosevelt High School, Chicago
For our school, MOUSE Squad plays an integral role in supporting our technology, saving us both time and money. But more importantly, students participate in positive experiences that give them a strong... read more ›
– Seth Hubbert, MOUSE Squad Coordinator, High School for Arts & Technology
The MOUSE program should be in every school in New York City. read more ›
– Robert Jackson, Member, New York City Council
What excites me most about MOUSE Squad is going to fix computers and hanging out with friends. I really think MOUSE Squad pushes you to try and learn new things. read more ›
– Danielle Jacobs, MOUSE Squad Member, Cooper High School, Abilene Texas
MOUSE empowers students to explore their interests, use their creativity and express their opinions constructively. Students are prepared for the future by encouraging them to ask questions and improving their team-building and communications... read more ›
– Tina Krekoukis, MOUSE Squad Coordinator, I.S. 228 David A. Boody
MOUSE provides a dedicated space for young people to explore STEM. MOUSE students don't just see tech as a set of screens and machines, but rather a dynamic and interconnected set of tools... read more ›
– Lou Lahana, MOUSE Squad Coordinator, P.S. 188
I feel like I'm a part of an important team that keeps the school running more efficiently...Being on TechCrew helps improve the leadership qualities that we, as students, are developing for the future. read more ›
– Edwin Le, Northside College Preparatory High School, Chicago
I joined MOUSE to explore my passion for technology and be a part of an organization that values communications and teamwork. read more ›
– Rigel Leonard, MOUSE Corps Member, School of the Future
“I am amazed at the eagerness and enthusiasm of my MOUSE Squad. They have dedication and motivation, and are the reason I want to come to school every day.” read more ›
– Victor Lopez, MOUSE Squad Coordinator, MS 328
MOUSE has had such a positive impact on my life, including my college and work experiences. MOUSE has exposed me to aspects of this world that I would not otherwise have had the... read more ›
– Ryan Mason, MOUSE Corps Fellow and MOUSE Squad Alum, School of the Future
MOUSE that trains tech-savvy students in inner-city schools to become tech support leads and ambassadors within their schools and then provides mentorship opportunities to help them take their digital expertise to the next... read more ›
– Caroline McCarthy, Branded Content Consultant & Freelance Writer
MOUSE Squad has taught me the skills I need for the future. read more ›
– Ismelda Monegro, Bea Fuller Rodgers School, New York
MOUSE has been one of the best things in which I have participated in my 21 year career. It continues to be good for both students and teachers at every school where I... read more ›
– Nathan Monroe, Coordinator, Academy of Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Science, Texas
Growing up there was no expectation in getting this far. Without the MOUSE Squad, I do not think I would've ever been into technology. Technology has changed my life. read more ›
– Karla Moreno , MOUSE Squad Member, Turlock High School, California
MOUSE brought me where I stand today and gave me real life work experience. MOUSE taught me about leadership and teamwork, and that there is no such thing as a bad idea. read more ›
– Dhondup Namgyal, MOUSE Corps Member, International High School
Being on the MOUSE Squad motivates and inspires me, and has helped me to learn to aim higher. read more ›
– Zainab Oni, MOUSE Squad Member, Hudson High School of Learning Technologies
MOUSE students are innovators that use technology to change the world. read more ›
– Neimat Orengo, MOUSE Alum, James Madison High School
MOUSE teaches students responsibility and gives them the opportunity to see into the business world. Students are exposed to perspectives that help them solve problems and be creative with technology. read more ›
– Wilson Ortiz, MOUSE Squad Coordinator, Hudson High School of Learning Technologies
The MOUSE Squad students are very curious and want to learn. Everyone knows about the MOUSE Squad in this school. read more ›
– Emmanuel Ourum, CUNY Intern, PS 43 MOUSE Squad
MOUSE is a revolutionary network that has altered the lives of thousands of students nationwide with one essential goal: to empower those who envision academic and professional success. read more ›
– Ivan Pereda, MOUSE Corps Fellow and MOUSE Squad Alum, Baccalaureate School for Global Education
Leadership, pride, self confidence and a sense of responsibility -- this is the impact of the MOUSE Squad program on our students. read more ›
– Norma Perez, Principal, Bea Fuller Rodgers School, New York
Our MOUSE students realize that this is just the beginning. They can go on to college to study computer technology, and become help desk technicians and repair specialists…and many do. read more ›
– Irwin Queen, School of Cooperative Technical Education
MOUSE Squad has proven time and again that students who graduate after participating are more equipped for the next stage in their lives, especially in today’s vast information technology world. This program... read more ›
– Christine C. Quinn, Speaker, New York City Council
Thanks to Abilene Independent School District (AISD) for incorporating such a program and major kudos to Nathan Monroe, MOUSE Squad Coordinator, ATEMS. He actively leads a group that daily makes the teacher’s lives... read more ›
– Rebecca Rampy, Instruction Technology Specialist, Academy of Technology, Engineering, Math and Science (ATEMS) in Abilene, Texas
Juniper's community engagement vision is to use the power of the new network to take on the toughest challenges facing our communities and to connect and empower people everywhere. MOUSE exemplifies this vision... read more ›
– Darryl Ramsey, Public Sector - Americas, Business Development and Technical Strategy, Juniper Networks
MOUSE empowers students to lead and support the use of technology in their schools, while also helping them to discover their creative, technological, and learning potential. read more ›
– Linda G. Roberts, National Consultant on Technology and Education
At Best Buy, we believe in the power and potential of youth. We are proud to be long-time investors in MOUSE, an impressive and growing organization that is having a dramatic impact on... read more ›
– Susan Bass Roberts, Senior Director, Community Relations, Best Buy
I thank MOUSE for starting my career. Without MOUSE, I would not be as successful as I am today. read more ›
– Mendy Rodriguez, MOUSE Squad Alum; Junior Analyst, IT Service Desk, Time Inc.
MOUSE Squad has accelerated my knowledge in technology. I have become a team player and am very excited to do this work. I am helping other students and teachers with their technical problems... read more ›
– Javier Rodriguez, MOUSE Squad Member, Crozier Middle School, California
MOUSE has taught me many valuable lessons that will help me in life. read more ›
– Madeline Sariol, MOUSE Student, In-Tech Academy
Thanks to efforts of MOUSE, young people throughout New York City will have the opportunity to better their lives and become productive members of our society.
– Charles E. Schumer, United States Senator for New York
I commend MOUSE for improving the educational opportunities for young people, motivating them to attend college and preparing them for high quality jobs in the future. read more ›
– José E. Serrano, Congressman, 16th District of New York
Watching MOUSE Squad grow from a pilot to an established entity has been a thrilling experience. I’ve seen my students grow from tentative kids, virtually afraid of touching machines, to savvy technicians,... read more ›
– Kiri Soares, Principal, Urban Assembly Institute of Math and Science for Young Women
My students are admired by their peers, praised by their teachers and stand out from the rest of our school. This program has a huge impact on my students and gives them a... read more ›
– Esmeralda Soto, TechCrew Coordinator, Eli Whitney School
MOUSE has provided life changing experiences for me that have added tremendously to my passion for technology… regardless of the company or industry, you will always need technology and the skills we learn... read more ›
– Leroy Tindi, MOUSE Squad Alum, Riverdale Kingsbridge Academy
We try to focus on career readiness, laying the foundation and opening their eyes to careers they might consider in the future. I tell my students that if they want to be... read more ›
– Matthew Valia, MOUSE Squad Coordinator, Berta A. Drefus School
MOUSE is an excellent example of rethinking how to put students at the center of their own learning and reorganizing schools around their motivations and strengths. read more ›
– Arthur VanderVeen, Chief of Innovation Strategy and Policy, NYC Department of Education
Through the CPS TechCrew program, I have learned how to explore computers, how to fix problems that are usually deferred to someone else, and what it's like to work on a team that... read more ›
– Simon Vecchioni, CPS TechCrew Member, Northside College Prep High School, Chicago
I believe strongly in public education and the opportunity it can and should provide to all. MOUSE provides a valuable service, closing the gap between heavily resourced schools and those in underserved areas. read more ›
– Peter Vincent, VP Human Resources, National Audubon Society
What excites me most about being part of this program is that I get to interact with other students who share the same goals and who hope to learn more on how to... read more ›
– Monique Williams, Chicago TechCrew Member, Tarkington School of Excellence